Aleman pleads not guilty to felony charges
Former county Assistant Assessor Adam Aleman pleaded not guilty this morning in San Bernardino Superior Court to six felony charges involving the destruction of evidence and altering documents sought by the grand jury. He faces up to 18 years in prison.
I hope that Aleman has kept the hard drive he 'allegedly destroyed' on behalf of Postmus. What was on the county issued computer?
Aleman was recently elected to the Republican Central Committee....when will he resign?
Remember, Aleman has already admitted he had the records changed...'for 100% accuracy'. I believe he has made the admission that he is guilty.
Another BIG question: Supervisor Mitzelfelt who was chief of staff for Postmus for six years has been strangely quiet...!
I believe that Mitzelfelt knows where Bill Postmus was during the fires in 2006 and he should do the honest thing and discuss with the county disability board, his fellow supervisors and certainly with the people of this county where his boss was and if he had been in drug rehab during his 'leadership while serving on the San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors.' It would also be helpful if Mitzelfelt told us just what drugs Postmus was consuming and for how long. Where was the rehab facility at? Did he use a county vehicle while under the influence of these drugs? And finally: In your (Mitzelfelt's) opinion was the county and it's people compromised due to drug use?
Just last month Postmus stated that he did the right thing by sending the county attorneys out of the room so that he and Supervisor Paul Biane could negotiate with the Colonies partners...and went on to say the attorneys were not adept in their duties! So, Postmus and Biane - who by the way - appointed these attorneys - could negotiate better than well qualified attorneys? We paid the Colonies $102 million for there fantastic negotiating and Jeffrey Burum the co-partner of the Colonies has buddied with Postmus and Biane in endorsing Mitt Romney on a slate mailer. Burum has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars in their campaigns including $93 thousand dollars for Mitzelfelt's recent campaign for District 1 Supervisor...
Stop the insanity...
May 21, 2010
Has the Mojave Cross have been removed for good?
A cross replacing the original at the Mojave Desert war memorial has been declared illegal and taken down.
The U.S. Supreme Court recently ruled that the 9th Circuit overstepped its bounds when it ruled the cross must be removed. Since then, the memorial had remained covered with a plywood box until it was stolen on May 9.
Linda Slater, public information officer with the Mojave National Preserve, said the cross that mysteriously appeared last week was unauthorized.
"The main reason that we can't put a replacement cross up or allow one to be put up," she said, "is because we are under court order to not display a cross on Sunrise Rock."
Kelly Shackelford, president and CEO of Liberty Institute, said his team will work to convince the Justice Department to replace the cross.
"That's not a proper act to take," he said. "Our veterans deserve more than that, and that memorial needs to be put back up."
An anonymous donation means there is a $125,000 reward posted for tips leading to the conviction of whoever stole the cross that served as a memorial to Americans who served during World War I.
A decorated military veteran offered $100,000 for the reward, said Kelly Shackelford, chief counsel for Liberty Institute. That figure was added to the previous $25,000 offer.
The cross stood at Sunrise Rock, which is about 15 miles south of the 15 Freeway along Cima Road in the Mojave National Preserve.